- 8 oz of fish
- 1/3 cup sake
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Jasmine Silver Needle White Tea
- 1/3 cup jasmine rice
- 1 tsp sugar
1. Marinate the fish in a mixture of the sake and salt for 8 hours.
2. Steam the fish until tender and flaky, about 5 minutes.
3. Remove fish from steamer and let cool for 15 minutes.
4. Cover a wok with aluminum foil on the bottom, and place in it a mixture of the tea, rice and sugar.
5. Use chopsticks to make a grid, so the fish will be suspended over the tea mixture.
6. Place fish on chopsticks and the lid on the wok, making sure there’s a fairly tight seal.
7. Using high heat, toast the tea and rice mixture until it turns smoky, about 10 minutes, making sure not to overcook the mixture.
8.Turn the heat off and let the fish smoke for another 5 minutes, until the fish has browned.