1. Combine water and ginger. Bring to boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
2. Remove from heat. Stir in tea, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Strain through fine mesh or cheese cloth.
4. Discard solids.
5. Add water (or discard liquid) as needed until liquid measures 3.5 cups.
6. Transfer to a heave pot, stir in pectin and lemon. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
7. Stir in sugar, return to full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil hard for 1 minute.
8. Remove from stove, skim off foam with metal spoon.
9. Ladle hot jelly into hot sterilized half-pint canning jars (leave 1/4" head space).
10. Wipe jar rims with clean damp paper towel.
11. Adjust hot sterilized lids and screw bands.
12. Process filled jars in a water-boiling canner. Bring water in canner to a full rolling boil, then start a 10 minute timer.
13. Remove jars from canner and cool on wire racks (avoid setting on cold surfaces or in breezy areas as dramatic change in temperatures can cause the hot jars to crack).