Thursday, September 26, 2013
Nothing says autumn like the warm taste of crisp, sweet apple and spicy cinnamon. Our Master Teaologist, Naoko, cooked up a treat that will make you fall for our newest flavor. Simply follow our recipe and cozy up with a delicious cup.
- 3 teaspoons of Spiced Apple Cider Rooibos Tea
- 3 cups of spiced apple cider
- 1/4 slice of vanilla bean
- 2 apple slices
- 2 orange slices
- 1. In a medium sauce pan, combine 24 oz of apple cider [or 3 cups], 1/4 of vanilla bean sliced carefully, scraping the inside of the bean out with the blunt edge of the knife. *This is important to keep the delicate bean in tact, as the bean imports the aroma and flavor.
- 2. Add 2 slices of apple cut in circles and 2 slices of orange cut in circles.
- 3. Bring the cider and fruits to a full boil on medium to high heat. Add 3 teaspoons of our Spiced Apple Cider Rooibos Tea and quickly lower the flame to a simmer. With ingredients like cinnamon, chicory, sweet plum, carob, hibiscus and a hint of orange zest, you won't have to purchase spices that you may not have in your pantry. We've already created a special spice blend for you!
- 4. Simmer for 10 minutes. Ten minutes brings out the taste of the spices. Five minutes will also suffice if you are eager to have your first sip!
- 5. Using a strainer, carefully ladle the hot cider into your mug . Our Angle Infuser Mug comes with a strainer and holds 12 oz of tea. It's perfect for recipes such as these!
- 6. Add the macerated apple and orange slices from the cider. Garnish with cinnamon stick and enjoy!
Look for more harvest of delicious fall recipes coming soon! Cheers!