Connect with Teavana:Teavana FacebookTeavana PinterestTeavana twitterTavana Pinterest

RELATED TAGS
The Art of Blending Tea

The Art of Blending Tea

Our tea development team is not alone when it comes to exploring the art of tea blending! Recently, teaologists from our stores were called upon to submit their unique and memorable tea blends. These were a few of our favorites:

Sunrise at Sea

A perfect blend of delicious cinnamon spice and delightful fruit, this tea brings out a unique and individual flavor with every sip. Playful Caribbean flavors are underscored by the rich orange spice, conjuring up a peaceful oceanic scene. Delicious hot or iced.

Steeping instructions:

In a 16oz PerfecTea Maker, add 2 tsp White Ayurvedic Chai + 2 tsp Wild Orange Blossom + 3 tsp Caribbean Calypso Mate + 2 tsp German Rock Sugar (optional). Brew at 175 F/ 79 C for 3 minutes.

Fruit Punch

Inspired by the classic Fruit punch flavors. Crisp and refreshing with layered flavors where it's possible to taste each tea. Enjoy over ice.

Steeping instructions:

In a 16oz PerfecTea Maker, 3 tsp Wild Orange Blossom + 3 tsp Pineapple Kona Pop + 2 tsp Peach Tranquility + 1 tsp Sakura Allura + 2 tsp German Rock Sugar (optional) Brew at 175 F/ 79 C for 2 minutes.

Champagne Sorbet

This tea is inspired by a delicious party punch made with sherbet and champagne. The black pepper from the Peach Bellini Blush gives it the tang of bubbly champagne while citrus and peach form the sweet sorbet base. It's light and fresh whether prepared hot or cold.

Steeping instructions:

In a 16oz PerfecTea Maker, 2 tsp Citrus Lavender Sage + 3 tsp Peach Bellini Bliss + 1 tsp Peach Tranquility + 1 tsp Wild Orange Blossom + 1 tsp German Rock Sugar (optional). Brew at 208 F/ 98 C for 5 minutes.

Do you have a favorite custom blend to share? Leave a comment below!

Comments (8)

Comments (8) -

Vincent Becker
11/18/2012 8:33:40 AM

Hmm...wonder what makes German rock sugar so special.

blog.sipbysiptea.com

Ben
12/29/2012 2:52:11 AM

At store 109, we have a custom blend book with all kinds of great concoctions! One of my favorites is one I like to enjoy cold, I call it " Strawberry Mimosa", the ingredients and directions are as follows:

In a 16oz PerfecTea Maker:

1. Add 3-4 teaspoons of german rock sugar, or sweeten to taste. (We southerners prefer our tea particularly sweet)

2. Fill tea maker with 175 degree water up too the top of the buddhas head. (Better known as the Teavana logo)

3. Add 4 heaping teaspoons of Citrus Lavender Sage, 4 heaping teaspoons of Strawberry Rose Champaign, 2 heaping teaspoons of Strawberry Pariso, and 2 heaping teaspoons of Wild Orange Blossom to teamaker.

4. Cover and steep for 2 minutes.

5. Strain over ice and enjoy!

Happy Holidays from Team 109 in Baton Rouge, LA. I hope ya'll like it!

Christine
1/2/2013 4:51:09 AM

I would love to see a regular blog on blending teas. I don't live near a Teavana so I don't have a personal go to associate at my local store. I watch for sales online and buy in bulk (tea and water are all we drink in this home). I wish there was a recipe book but the best I can find is the top 3 recommended on the sale page. We drink very little white and green tea and just a few black, with only the 3 to choose from it limits our choices drastically. Due to the need for caffeine we always try and have an Oolong or mate as one of the bases. Is there an information exchange somewhere out there that I may be missing?

E.C. Lambson
2/6/2013 11:45:50 PM

These recipes sound interesting.  I have never really experimented with loose teas before.  I'm an herbal tea drinker- what do you recommend starting with?

Lucycabana
2/24/2013 1:36:31 PM

The representative in Arizona's Phoenix Biltmore store knows oodles and oodles about blending tea and has offered to speak to people on the phone (as I told him it is hard for me to make it to the store, I have teas at home that I do not like and do not know what to do with, and obviously was not drinking).  His name is Chris.  The store number is (602) 957-1779.  He gave me blend hints, which I followed, and now I am drinking those teas that I did not like.

He constantly experiments with blends and even uses the tea to bake with.

Hope this helps.

Lucy

Lucycabana
2/24/2013 1:39:02 PM

I have been told that the sugar is made from beets not cane and is, therefore, better health-wise.

lana
6/1/2013 6:17:16 PM

If anyone knows other custom blends please share..

there is one that tastes just like baklava (greek dessert) (samurai chai mate and the new summer nut flavor).. and theres one that tastes like pina colada (caribbean calypso, pineapple kona pop, and another flavor I can`t recall..)

I just learned about these and have a giant amount of tea that I would love to blend .. I wish there was a recipe book somewhere but I don`t see it anywhere. Much appreciated if someone knows some good recipes

Daniel
6/11/2013 5:18:23 PM

Glad I finally found a decent article about this thanks a lot, cleared up quite a lot of things actually! I'm going to be revisiting soon.